- Post 16 Education & Careers
Post 16 Education & Careers
At Abbey Manor College we want our students to become successful members of society beyond their statutory secondary education. As such, we are fully committed to supporting them on to post 16 pathways which include: Further Education, Apprenticeships and Employment.
We actively encourage young people to consider all options so that they select the best choices in accordance with their interest, motivation, learning style, ability and aspirations.
We offer programmes to ensure that students understand and are prepared for their next steps. These are delivered through Thought for the Week, enrichment activities and one to one sessions with external independent careers specialists where individual career plans are developed for them.
Our aim is to ensure that by the end of Year 11, all students, irrespective of when they joined the College will have:
- Developed a deeper understanding of themselves, their abilities and their career goals
- Gained a greater knowledge of the range of opportunities open to them
- Taken part in work experience
- An understanding of the labour market and the requirements and expectations of employers.
- An understanding of the decision they need to make for their future goals
- A portfolio of academic achievements
- Undertaking sessions with a careers advisor with a mapped plan for their post 16 pathway
- A CV written with the guidance and assistance of their careers key worker
For more advice on Post 16 education and careers, please contact our Careers Leader Deborah Tucker